- Timely opening of files in the system.
- Tracking of shipments from Shipping line Websites & getting Cargo manifest.
- Handing-Over documents at Declaration for entries registration.
- Follow-up of Shipping line charges & its payments, compiling documents for S/line Release.
- Ensuring the Delivery orders are in place by the time entry has passed.
- Follow up on cargo verification & Release at ICD.
- Registration of Pick-up order & Printing of Barcodes after Cargo has been Custom released.
- Preparing daily status reports for all Clients handling which is shared internally.
- Preparing daily status report to Individual Clients.
- Attending to emails on enquiries.
- Handing over files for Billing after Cargo clearance.
- Follow up of empty Containers after Cargo has been off-loaded by ensuring same returned to the Container depot.
- Follow up of Empty Container deposits from shipping line.
- Booking of Sea freight Export shipments, it’s loading Supervision & Submission of Shipping Instructions and follow up exports OBLs.
- Tracking of Sea Freight export shipments until arrival at destination.
- Diploma in Clearing and forwarding.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the clearing and forwarding industry.
- Knowledge of ICMS, SIMBA, KAWTOS, KENTRADE.Systems
- Knowledge of live animal regulations.
- Must know HSCODE to be used for IDF entries.
- Hard working.
- Excellent problem solving & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and reporting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- A team player with a positive attitude, attention to detail and can work long hours.
- Knowledge and understanding of customs legislation, tariffs, import/export documentation, customs clearance, bond management and customs declaration.
KENYAN CITIZENS ONLY.