DISPATCH AND RECEIVING SUPERVISOR
Purpose of the Job
Dispatch and Receiving Executive will be responsible for ensuring timely and correct dispatch of products to customers according to the delivery schedules and overseeing the scheduling, staging, tracking and reporting of the day’s activities. He / she will also receive all goods of the company ensuring that all deliveries correspond to the purchase order and specifications with regard to quality, quantity, and price.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring delivery vehicles are loaded and dispatched as per daily dispatch plans.
- Ensuring products dispatched are of the right type, quantity and in the right condition
- Supervise and dispatch drivers and loaders.
- Ensure that all delivery documentation is correct and acknowledged by receiving parties.
- Ensure that all delivery documentation is promptly filed and submitted to Finance.
- Work closely with the Dispatch Manager in ensuring that all operations procedures are followed to the letter and any deviation reported.
- Ensure that goods are secured against possible pilferage during working hours.
- Ensuring materials are received in good condition as per the required standards.
- Totally in charge of the receiving bay by controlling suppliers movement, movement of materials/items and services to their respective stores.
- Ensuring all receiving procedures is followed to the letter based on the recommended conditions.
- Ensuring ONLY materials of high quality and quantity are received.
- The Dispatch and Receiving Executive shall request the suppliers to provide a delivery note with reference to L.P.O, an invoice to the L.P0, and the copy of the L.P.O.
- Dispatching and processing of all duly signed documents to the accounts department for payments.
- Perform any other duties as required by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in a busy environment
- Membership to the relevant professional body.
- Highly detailed and process oriented.
- Proven work experience as a dispatch clerk.
- Attention to detail.
- Good computer skills.
- Knowledge of basic stock taking procedures.
- Good report writing skills.
- Process Oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task.
KENYAN CITIZENS ONLY.