Company – Leading Consumer Goods Manufacturer
Designation – Marketing Coordinator
Monday to Friday 08:00am to 05:30pm
Saturday 08:00am to 01:00pm
(must be flexible on hours including attending exhibitions and weekend activations as required)
Package – To be agreed on based on experience and skillset
Promote brands and products through coordinated marketing campaigns to increase awareness and sales
As a marketing coordinator, you'll contribute to and develop integrated marketing campaigns to promote all the brands manufactured and distributed by the company. This will include:
- Public relations
- Content creation
- Social media and digital platform management
- Event organisation
- Product development
- Coordinating CSR activities
- Research on trends and competition
Your team leaders & close working relationships
You will work closely with the head of marketing, head of sales, chief commercial officer and directors to deliver and track, creative campaigns for all sales channels modern & emerging trade, general trade, corporate & hospitality, e-commerce and alternate channels. These will comprise in-store branding, promotions, events and digital campaigns often including brand influencers.
As a marketing coordinator, you'll need to:
- Create awareness of and develop the brands associated with the company.
- Communicate with target audiences on multiple channels and build and develop customer relationships
- Help with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
- Manage content calendars for all ATL and BTL marketing activities
- Support the head of marketing in monitoring existing and incoming brand influencers and third-party providers including contracts, evaluate the efficacy of the campaign and suggest avenues for improvement
- Help in identifying macro and micro influencers that would suit the the company profile
- Source advertising opportunities, receive and evaluate quotations and help negotiate solid rates and place adverts on multiple media channels such as, radio, tv and print
- Work closely with in-house or external creative agencies to design marketing materials such as brochures and adverts
- Write and proofread marketing copy for both online and print campaigns
- Oversee the production of creative content, including videos and blog posts
- Manage, create content and monitor all digital and social media channels associated with the company and our brands (e.g. The company website, Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin channels for the company and brands, etc) to enhance audience engagement.
- Regularly monitor digital and in-store branding of our main competitors.
- Support head of marketing in compiling periodic reports on competition and market insights
- Daily checks of all relevant news outlets for any information beneficial to further the company or our brands.
- Conduct regular in-store visits ensuring that all our marketing and branding material is in-line with current standards of competition, up to date with current packaging and messaging and in good condition.
- Ensure all vehicle branding is current and in good condition.
- Liaise with designers, heads of sales and printers and organize photo shoots and ensure that all brochures and marketing collateral are up to date.
- Arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials.
- Maintain and update brand, supplier and strategic partner databases.
- Oversee annual donations and end of year giveaways.
- Conduct market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
With experience, you'll need to:
- Update the website and suggest changes to the website
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy (often as part of a wider sales and marketing programme)
- Evaluate and review marketing campaigns, advertising and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are being used and campaigns are effective
- Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for management
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Lead external agencies, where required, to effectively manage events, press relationships, editorial requests, presentations, promotional materials and online activities
- Oversee and manage the various e-commerce platforms on which our products are listed
- Liaise with the head of marketing and chief commercial officer to implement the relevant parts of the annual marketing plan.
Preferably a university degree in marketing or a minimum of 3 years of marketing experience. Current or previous marketing experience with consumer goods manufacturing or distribution companies will definitely be an advantage.
In addition we are also looking for a combination of personal qualities and experience. An awareness of digital media functionality, application and how most effectively to use the same.
You'll need to have:
- Good written and spoken English. Writing social media posts, PR articles etc correctly with your team leader required to carry out minimum grammar correction
- The ability to communicate in Swahili would be an advantage
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer-facing skills
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- The ability to think logically, practically and on your feet
- Creativity to develop social media posts, posters, fliers etc for our products and about them through lifestyle aspects which depicts them in the best way
- An eye for detail
- Analytical skills to evaluate marketing campaigns
- Drive and self-motivation
- A flexible approach to work
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Teamwork and the ability to foster good working relationships
- Influencing and negotiation skills
KENYAN CITIZENS ONLY.