Our client based in Westlands in the Manufacturing Industry is looking for a Credit Controller.
Job Title: Credit Controller
Reporting To: Sales Head / CFO / CEO
Academic Qualifications: Chartered Accountancy Experience: At least 5 years
1. Proven work experience as a credit controller.
2. Excellent communication skills and ability
3. Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on debtors.
4. Strong Analytical skills
5. Excellent organizing abilities
6. Ability to create and process financial spreadsheet.
7. Excellent numeracy skills.
8. Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
9. Good understanding of customer service approach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Evaluate client’s financial information and calculate risks involved.
2. Analyze risks, and approve or reject credit requests.
3. Rapid follow-up with debtors on credit settlements.
4. Monitor progress of the existing credits and advise management on preferred steps.
5. Setting up the terms and conditions of the receivable balances.
6. Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating repayment
7. Assist in the setting up of the credit control systems.
8. Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner.
9. Meet cash & debtor day targets set by the Firm.
10. Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales.
11. Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
12. Regularly making contact with customers to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
13. Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness.
14. Ensure that all transactions are compliant with Company's policies.
15. Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
16. Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
17. Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management.
18. Undertake account reconciliations as required.
19. Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
20. And any other duties as may be assigned.
KENYAN CITIZENS ONLY